Glue for older keytops

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 25 12:02:00 MST 2006

I'm looking for something more permanent than CA.

The only thing about CA that would make it less permanent is if there is
shear. CA doesn't do well in that instance.. Otherwise, it's, usually, WAY
too permanent, IMO. As for the olde glue, it was one of two: 1. keytop
material dissolved in acetone, (a very thick mixture) 2. A glue similar to
Duco Cement, except it was "thinned" with denatured alcohol. A modern
version is "SF Clear Glue, All Purpose", made by Snow Foam Products. It's
available at "Crafts" stores and is used to glue Styrofoam. It's thinner is
denatured alcohol, so I suspect it's the same stuff.
Personally, I'd just CA those cheap puppies. Either that, or replace them
and be done with it.

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I