Wurlitzer wippen/replacement parts (was:Punchings for .157 pins)

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 16:22:26 MST 2006

>Does anyone know if there is a current source for to replace a
>broken whippen on a >Wurlitzer Spinet?

In a pinch you could swap with note 86 (A#7) and drill the spoon
correctly for the intended section.

Why note 86?  Because when someone mindlessly depresses notes, they
don't play the sharps;
and being at the end of the keyboard it will not be missed.

I will use the top three sharps for swapping flanges and such for this reason.

While I'm at it... if you are replacing an action part and it doesn't
quite have the identical
dimensions as the original, swap it with a part from the end of the
keyboard. Cosmetically
and geometry-wise the replacement will be better served.
--

Regards,

Jon Page