Jiffy weights to increase touchweight

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Dec 28 19:05:48 MST 2006

Greeetings,...This is a personal problem:

              When I tune a grand and try to play it afterwards, I have
trouble playing it well, as my fingers are not strong enough because they are
"babied" by the light touchweight of my own personal Yamaha at home.
        I have a Yamaha U3 circa 1979. (Japan and not a 'wet' piano) I am
trying to increase the touchweight because I want to strengthen my fingers for
when I obtain a grand.  Will jiffy weights have an adverse/bad effect on the
springs or eventually cause other action problems or accellerated wear?
 I want to keep the Yami in good shape as I want to sell it to raise some
money for the long-dreamed-of-grand. Advice suggestions? Thank you.

PS   I dislike the Broadwood tuning on my U3, as soon as the unisons become
intolerable I am tuning the ValOtti.....which,  I  LOVE.... especially on my
old upright ...(but probably wont sound as good on the U3 because of the moderne
scaling design)

Happy New Year Everybody!!
Julia Gottshall
Rookie of 3 1/2 years