Jiffy weights to increase touchweight

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Fri Dec 29 20:56:37 MST 2006

Hi Julia,

Get some brass chain. Sew it into a long sleeve (we don't want you to clank
like Marley's ghost!) Place it near the capstans on your U3. If it is not
heavy enough then add a second one. This will leave your Yamaha in pristine
condition and allow you to "exercise" your fingers. YMMV.

I suppose you could also simply get binder clips (big heavy ones) and
fasten to each of the capstans. That would allow for a more even touch than
the chain.

At 09:05 PM 12/28/2006 EST, you wrote:
>  Greeetings,...This is a personal problem:                      at home.
>           Will jiffy weights have an adverse/bad effect on the springs or
>eventually cause other action problems or accellerated wear?    sell it to
>raise some money for the long-dreamed-of-grand. Advice suggestions? Thank
>you.          LOVE.... especially on my old upright ...(but probably wont
>sound as good on the U3 because of the moderne scaling design)   Happy New
>Year Everybody!! Julia Gottshall Rookie of 3 1/2 years  Reading ,Pa     No
>virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version:
>7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.15.29/607 - Release Date: 12/28/2006 12:31
PM
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner