Screw stingers

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 29 21:15:48 MST 2006

Bob the Moffat said: " Joe the Garrett said,
| Jon,
| Actually, there are Five different types: Long, Medium & Short, Right and
| Left hand.<G>

Bill Garlick & Jesse Moffatt (Cantos Music Museum) whom have many screw
stringers say;

One size for uprights (short)..one size for grands (long).
As for "right & left hand.....Everyone in the cold north is puzzled.
Perhaps the thread direction
was changed by a southpaw??

Best,

Bob,
Methinks you've been drining too much Canadian Sludge aka beer!<G> I hold
in my hand(s) Six different Screw Stringers! Each is configured to work in
it's designated place. On Uprights the left string "stringer" is longer
than the Middle or Right. In the Bass the "off-set" is different than in
the Treble! Check your facts before posting please.<G> Of course, one could
make any of these "work", but do you want to do it right or "mickey mouse"
the darned thing? Hogfeathers!<G>

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I