Quantifying What You Hear...

Dave McKibben davespianotuning at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 29 21:52:09 MST 2006

Sounds like a very interesting piece for work your getting into.
It makes me wonder if there would be a correlation between  the magnitude
of harmonics / partials of a fundamental tone to the terms we use as
bright, muddy, sharp etc.
If it could be possible to look at a spectrum and define its shape as
bright versus muddy, then it seems that voicing could take a step from
seeming mysterious to more of a definable process.

Just thinking out loud ( I could be waaaayyyyy off ).

Dave M.