Sears Tools Micro-Film access?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 26 13:21:27 MST 2006

I've been using an 8 inch Jointer Sander, for dimensioning stock. It attaches to the table saw and works very well for very close tolerance dimensions. The problem is that I'm trying to find a supplier for the adhesive discs and Sears has been absolutely no help. The Discs are 8" diameter with a 3" hole punched in the center. The only thing that Sears has is the 8" discs, but with no hole in the center. The hole is need to clear the arbor/balance washers of the table saw. !!!!! :-(
It used to be, if you wanted to get the specs. of one of their olde machines, etc., you could go to the Service Dept. and they's look in a micro-film scanner and get the info for you. Then you could cross reference it to the original manufacturer and possible current manufacturer.
I have a sneaking suspicion that all that stuff has been put in a 'puter somewhere. If only I could find out: If that was done? and How to access it?
Any one have any thoughts or suggestions?

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I