piano rip off

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 2 05:47:53 MDT 2006

Here's my best one:

A lady called me quite a few years ago. She wanted to know how much it
would cost her for me to install a back on her piano. After
questionning, she told me that she had bought a new piano with no back.
I wouldn't believe her so I went to check it out. Indeed, I found this
new studio piano, I opened it, and there was the action just sitting on
the keys and I could see the wall through the piano. The dealer had told
her that I should have NO PROBLEM finding a back to install on her
piano... I don't remember if she told me how much she paid for it, but
it was too much. So, I didn't just walk away, I RAN.

Moral of this story, as long as people that don't know a thing about
pianos will try to get the best deal, some shady dealer is going to get
to their wallet before we can even inspect the piano.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC