Question about blackening sharps

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 2 07:34:40 MDT 2006

Terry,
         You might be confusing someone here. The
product is either die or stain to the best of my
knowledge, not both. The Transtint you speak of
is decidedly dye NOT stain. Shoe products are
also dyer and NOT stain. I hope that might be some clarification for Jeff.

best,
Greg

At 07:40 AM 9/2/2006, you wrote:
>Lots in the archives on this. Many ways to do
>it. If you must stain the beautiful natural
>ebony - use black die stain  -  #6023 Black
>http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/htdocs/TransTint.htm
>
>Or, go to your local shoe dude and get some black shoe stain.
>
>Finish with a clear coat of your choice - I like
>a nice oil finish - just wipe in on.
>
>Terry Farrell

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté