Question about blackening sharps

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sat Sep 2 15:41:15 MDT 2006

A nice finish that takes a bit of time to accomplish but is beautiful
when done is shellac blackened with tincture.  Black french politure as
it were. When finished and very dry a quick and very thin couple of
coats of nitro cell laqure to protect it is a good idea. But be carefull
to go real thin so as to not loosen up the shellack.

Other wise... there was an recipe I ran into with a couple chemicals
once for ebony...  I have a bottle of that stuff somewhere I'll see if I
can find it.

Cheers
RicB
---------
So the best option is to dye or stain the wood?
I tried Iron Oxide pigment in alcohol and the wood would not take any
color.
I will try a product like this transtint.
Thanks

Jeff