Cause for active tuning Associates to be in an uproar!

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sun Sep 3 05:02:42 MDT 2006

Er... uh.. Duaine.

The PTG logo is the property of the PTG...  Kathys post was perhaps
directed most to Chapter webmasters... for official PTG websites.. yes ?
Nobody is asking you to put up this stuff on your own website.  You ARE
required (by law) to refrain from using the PTG logo unless you are
either an RPT or have written permision from the PTG to use it.  How to
enforce this is another matter of course.

As far not feeling cabable of passing the exams...  Let me just say I
have never met a serious minded piano tech who could not with relative
ease manage to meet the requirements for these tests. It may take a bit
of study and work... but you can handle it.

Nowhere is there brought into question whether or not an individual can
be a fine technician without having PTG RPT status or not.  Its not an
issue in Kathy's statement.  The only thing is that is at issue is the
right to use the PTG logo or not... and it is perfectly reasonable IMB
for any organization like ours to decide who gets to use the logo and
who doesnt.

No biggie.
Cheers
RicB

-----------------
Duaine writes:

Thank you Alan, for IMHO correcting the verbiage.

I for one, and a few others in our chapter, that for one reason or
another will probably never take the exams.

I for one, am too stressed out in just making a living in this field
-and- branching out into other related fields like rebuilding player
pianos and reed organs to not wanting to make the time to study for the
exams.

Plus there are many techs that have been techs for 20+ years and are
outstanding techs without taking the exams.

Plus I do not plan on adding this verbiage to our website, for
discriminatory reasons, unless my hand is forced or the verbiage is
amended to something below.

Regards,
Duaine, webmaster