The dead horse thread

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sun Sep 3 11:39:35 MDT 2006

Hi Terry :)

    Now before you chop my head off, I'm just pointing out extremes here
    to make
    a point. I have played and heard many very lovely original-type
    Steinway and
    other pianos. But I think the point I'm making has merit.

Now would I chop your head off Terry :) ?  I mean hey... its ME §§!

    Not many folks build or have built pianos for classic piano show
    purposes.
    Most are built to be played. Performance is what is sought by those
    in the
    know.

I do think we all follow your reasoning here... but then Pianos are not
cars.  Since we dont get to compare them in anysense of the word to
violins I think it only fair to disallow the car analogy as well.  Point
of order and all that <G>

    And why in the world would anyone selling such an instrument not
    want to
    feature such modifications? Well, unless they didn't work I guess.

Well... this HAS been my main point all along.  But like I said... I
didnt really want to open this can of worms... at least more then a tiny
bit for humorous poipurses.

    Terry Farrell

Cheers
RicB