NORTH BENET STREET SCHOOL

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Sun Sep 3 11:32:14 MDT 2006

Hello list,  let me introduce myself.  My name is Shawn Brock and I am a blind Musician/ Audio Engineer/ wantabee Piano Tuner Technician.  At this time I liv in Cincinnati and have studied with one of the best Techs around, Nevin Essex.  We have worked on tuning, some restringing and soon regulating.  As I stated I am a musician(but not a pianist) I know its strange a blind guy who dont want to play the piano...  A blind guy who got into piano tuning whin he dont have to!  The truth is I have a good ear and good dexterity.  In short, I'm in love with Piano Technology!  Its true I'm makeing a good living with my studio and band and now I am 25 years old so its a little late to change horses but I want to.  Anyhow after all of this rambeling...  Was wondering if there are any graduates from the north benet street school in boston who would bee willing to talk to me about there experiences with the school?  At this time it seems nbss is the way to go for me.  They have had blind students in the past, anyone on list know one of these people?  If possible i would like to talk to anyone over the phone on my dime, at your time.  I just need more info before i pull up stakes and move to Boston.  Its a big thing for me to close my business and giv up all i have worked to build.  If anyone can talk to me I would bee varry, vary grateful!  Thanks.
Shawn Brock
Cincinnati Sound Lab
130 East Sixth Street
Cincinnati Oh.