No subject

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 5 21:14:31 MDT 2006

What long term effects might one have if they put a polyurethane+stain over
the finish of a 65 year old Baldwin?  Will this work?   I didn't do it.  A
psychologist did…………………..  Oh ghosh I think a brick has more sense.  He had
two grand pianos (sort of).  The first he got free, and expected me to do
something with it. The second he paid money….  told me I had tuned it. Yep,
I had told the previous owners several times it had ceased decades ago to be
a piano…………  So this guy wants to dump them so he can buy a Baldwin from a
church which I had tuned and wished I could have burned it right then.  So
he has this useless thing and has rubbed the p-+-stain, and I just wonder if
it will hold, or be a mess within a few years.  I only had to super glue
about 5 of the tuning pins, and only #88 is down to the wood.   Told him it
was time to do some serious stuff, and he wanted to install new hammers,
shanks, flanges, and winced when I quoted him $850 for parts- which now I
think is stupidly low.   This guy is a piece of surreal art, for sure.
les bartlett