sound reduction

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 6 11:57:36 MDT 2006

    John, from a little knowledge about sound reduction in motor home
generators, I found that there is open cell and closed cell foam and various
permutations of those.  Some are made specifically for sound reduction.  I
had a similar problem with the same piano/disklavier combination in a home
with MARBLE floors, high ceilings, smooth walls and no drapes on floor to
ceiling windows.  Finally softened the hammers into mush (with the owner's
OK) and they were satisfied.  Luckily I moved out of state afterwards......
    Mike Kurta