Where to notch a bridge, & relative effects ????? ( Advice sought )

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 14:35:41 MDT 2006

Greetings,
<< > If you are not going to recap, then simply plane the top of the cap down
>  the string imprint depth, >>

     I can read this as saying to plane down to the very bit of string
groove.  This doesn't reduce bearing if you leave the center of the old string
groove,  that is where the string was before!
    I  don't worry about the string grooves in the caps as much as I do about
the definition of the notches.

Ed Foote RPT