Bridge Seating (was Re: Where to notch a bridge, & relative effects ????? (Advice sought)

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Thu Sep 7 17:43:52 MDT 2006

Ron,

Would you also say this about brand new, out of the box pianos that
have had nothing done to them since they left the factory in Japan? I
have 9 of those that came in yesterday! :-) Never been in a store or
anything! Just wondering if it would do any good to do a little
"seating" on those! I've been doing some "prep" tuning just to make
them usable but the next time, do you think I should do a little
"seating" before I tune? The three I tuned today, I noticed a few
false beats but nothing really serious.

Avery