Where to notch a bridge & relative effects ????? ( Advice sought )

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Sep 8 21:38:51 MDT 2006

> After all that work to get them tight why would you want to wiggle them back
> and forth while heating them up with a file?
>
> David Love

Right. As far as I know, the reason for filing bridge pins
came from the belief that bridge pins must be bottomed out in
their holes, compounded by the inaccuracies of hand drilling.
The fact is that bridge pins can be driven to final height in
a deeper than minimally necessary hole with zero tonal
penalty, without filing.

Ron N