CP-60

Bruce D. Rempe bruce at iDataDesigns.com
Mon Sep 11 17:34:48 MDT 2006

The CP-60 is actually an 76-note upright version of the CP-70 and CP-80.
Basically, a piano designed for mobility.  Hammers, action, and strings.
But, no sound-board (this function is performed by "pickups" on each string,
electronics, and amplifiers).

None of these instruments are terribly common anymore, tho CP-70s come-up
for sale on Ebay with some regularity.

I've attached a photo of all three instruments.

While the time is long-past, I respect these instruments for the place they
play in keyboard history.  At the time (an age before sampling instruments),
they were the "best" and "most accoustic sounding" instruments that could be
purchased for "traveling" acts.  And they were very commonly used in this
role.

These days, you find them mostly as novelties, or used as "space-saving"
alternatives to the real thing --- or, maybe just an inexpensive alternative
to the real thing.  Their string-by-string pickup-system makes them a
popular choice (tho, probably not anymore) for home recording studios.

-bruce