The Frame Game (again)

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Sep 12 05:20:12 MDT 2006

MessageGolly Alan, your picture is terrible! It is very hard to see what is what there. It appears that the top horizontal board on the back of the piano has migrated? Is that correct? You want to bolt through the backposts. Most good quality pianos have backposts that extend up to the top of the piano back. My guess is this piano may have backposts that terminate short of the top. If that is the case, I would think real hard about whether the piano is worth saving. What kind is it? What is the condition? If it is not worth a one or two $K, the piano likely has a terminal condition. If those posts don't extend up to the top, the whole back of the piano really needs to come apart to fix it properly.

What do the squares with the S represent in the picture?

I suspect you have a four hundred pound piece of toast.

Terry Farrell