The Frame Game (again)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Sep 12 06:00:33 MDT 2006

At 07:20 AM 9/12/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Golly Alan, your picture is terrible! It is very hard to see what is what
>there. It appears that the top horizontal board on the back of the piano
>has migrated? Is that correct? You want to bolt through the backposts.
>Most good quality pianos have backposts that extend up to the top of the
>piano back. My guess is this piano may have backposts that terminate short
>of the top. If that is the case, I would think real hard about whether the
>piano is worth saving. What kind is it? What is the condition? If it is
>not worth a one or two $K, the piano likely has a terminal condition. If
>those posts don't extend up to the top, the whole back of the piano really
>needs to come apart to fix it properly.
>
>What do the squares with the S represent in the picture?
>
>I suspect you have a four hundred pound piece of toast.
>
>Terry Farrell

That mystery board may be the alleged manufacturer's way of selling a
larger piano (i.e. case) without the bother of making a larger plate/scale.
(You can have any size piano you want, just don't expect anything inside to
be different...)

Didn't Lowery do that?

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.