CP-60

Bruce D. Rempe bruce at rempefamily.net
Tue Sep 12 06:50:38 MDT 2006

I'm sorry, I am more a piano-technical "advocate" than a real technician.  I
learn more from this group than I could ever offer it.  I would assume your
statement to be true.  But, cannot speak from experience.

One thing specifically to note --- there is NO soundboard.  So, while there
is sound from the vibrating string, it is COMPLETELY unamplified by the
surface of a soundboard.  These instruments - without the electronic
amplification they're designed for - play very softly.

As they contain only "pre-amp" circuitry, you cannot simply "plug-in" a set
of headphones either.  They have to be "funneled" thru an amplification
system in the same way as a tape/cd player, or any other pre-amp device.
So, creating a situation where you can satisfactorily "hear" the instrument
might be the greatest challenge.

However, most people who own and use such instruments have appropriate (at
least in their estimation) equipment in place.

-bruce