CP 60-70-80's

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 22:08:21 MDT 2006

Hey crew,

I'm starting a project soon with an unrepentant rock and roller who swears
that nothing better than the CP-70 was ever invented for his kind of music.
I had to deal with his Kawai EP 308M recently and was really put off by the
little rubber cup-like items that the key bottoms squashed into on the way
to activating the MIDI contacts. Oh, well.....

I'm asking if anybody on the list has ever experimented with replacing the
hard plastic insert that forms the tip of the hammer with any other material
that might allow something like ordinary voicing capabilities. I had to pull
one hammer and shank off a CP-70 in order to repin the flange and, like its
Kawai counterpart, it had a plastic piece forming the "pointy end" of the
hammer, with buckskin over top of it.

It's really "creepy" to have a supposed piano hammer that is not really a
piano hammer.......

Robin Blankenship