"Quiet"??

deanslist deanslist at comcast.net
Wed Sep 13 13:12:29 MDT 2006

Conrad wrote:
> Unfortunately, them can be and them am.  Ignorant is the most charitable
> description.

snip

I am sure that a percentage, perhaps a large percentage fit that
description. However there is  also a fairly sizable chunk of that group
that would be more considerate if they had any idea what the tech is
listening for. I am new to this. I am also fairly new to piano ownership
(2.5 years). Until just a couple of months ago I had no clue what beats were
and that they had anything to do with tuning a piano. Some of these people
probably figure you can hear whatever it is you are listening for pretty
well because the test blows are so darn loud. They haven't a clue that you
are listening for a faint sound.  People aren't clairvoyant. I promise to
remember that when I am finally ready to go tune a client's piano and run
into all the same issues. If I could only draw, I would do that cartoon --
pictures get the point across so much better.

Sara Nash
Student Tech