"Quiet"??

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Wed Sep 13 13:22:20 MDT 2006

I've had the same problem with people assuming that the ETD is doing the
work.

When I first get to the customer's piano, I take a quick look at the
situation and then explain to them the basic process, how many times I will
be going through the piano (so they're not surprised when I seem to start
over again), and about how long it will take.  I then tell them that a quiet
environment is helpful and that during the last pass (unisons), I will need
it to be really quiet.  I've found that a little education goes a long way.
Of course the maid, plumber, construction worker really couldn't give a
hoot!

Happy tuning,

Michelle Smith