"Quiet"??

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Wed Sep 13 19:48:43 MDT 2006

Oh, yes, they can.  I set up a warranty tuning today (I refuse to call it "free"), and the customer complained that a key cover was coming off on her new upright.  She puts it back, but it keeps coming off when she plays.

"White key or black?" I ask.

"Well, neither one." comes the reply.

"Neither one?" I blink back.

"Yeah, it's one of the keys down on the floor.  After I play with the pedal for a while, the key cover comes off, and the shiny brass is exposed.", she elucidates...

--Cy--