Disklavier problem

Dtalcott at cs.com Dtalcott at cs.com
Sat Sep 16 15:57:52 MDT 2006

Jonathan et al--

Yes the earlier (?) models used a proprietary disc format. However I think
the newer models may be able to play "standardf" floppies with the files
in MIDI format. [My opnly experience with Disklaviers was while engineering
broadcasts from KPFA in Berkeley. When I needed to set the mic level on the
piano I'd grab the floppy disk stored in the piano bench and use it instead,
since none of my crew could play piano. The floppy had a great recording of
jazz made by someone who had attended the piano's christening party!]

Good luck,
Dave Talcott