new business

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Sat Sep 16 20:58:36 MDT 2006

Hi Richard.  I haven't seen any responses to this yet so I'll give it a
shot.  I think there are several things to consider here:

1.	How busy are you now and how busy do you want to be?  (I couldn't
tell if the 20-25 calls are cold calls or people seriously wanting to
schedule a tuning.)
2.	In what kind of area are you working?  In a large city, you might
consider buying the customer names.  In a small town (like mine), they're
going to come looking for you anyways.
3.	It sounds like the retiring tech is sending people your way already.
(Yeah for him!)  Has he sent out a card to his clients telling them he is
retiring?  Perhaps he could design such a card, include your contact info,
and you could offer to pay for printing and postage.

Concerning the apprentice, if you're the teaching type, go for it.  There
are lots of us "newbies" looking for a place to work and learn.  If you
don't have the time or patience to stop and explain something that seems
like second nature to you, forget about it!  =)

I hope this helps.  Have a wonderful day!

Michelle Smith

Bastrop, Texas

  _____