new business

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 16 21:12:27 MDT 2006

It sounds like the retiring tech is sending people your way already.  (Yeah
for him!)  Has he sent out a card to his clients telling them he is
retiring?  Perhaps he could design such a card, include your contact info,
and you could offer to pay for printing and postage.

I had this opportunity, took it, got a list of 350 names, and only ended up
with a tiny handful of customers.  The retiring tech wrote the letter, gave
me addresses, and I stuffed, addressed, stamped and mailed.   I may be
unusual, and i did not have the reputation I have now, for sure.  That could
have affected things.  But I had another tech want to sell me 500 names for
$500 and I declined the offer.  I don't think I regret it, though
financially I'm not very well off.   I just keep spending on a reasonably
tight rein and live with what I have, not what I might dream.....    The
local Steinway dealer said in a recent meeting that the most important thing
we have is our integrity (thus reputation).   Don't know if this is helpful
or just blah blah-

les bartlett