Temperaments

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 22:28:37 MDT 2006

Greetings,

      If I use one of the Victorian Wells wont it be too "gentle" for
Beethoven. The purpose of my wandering experiment here, is to reproduce what
Beethoven intended. Woudn't it be more effectual for me to use a plain Well such as
the Valotti? What, can we guess, did Beethoven's tuner use? Also, in the
Jorgensen book, he comments on the year it was used and who came up with it. How did
Jorgensen know what tuners were using at any particular time? ..My guess is he
did ALOT of research. Just who was this fellow?...a mathemetition...a tuner
no doubt too!

Do you think the Valotti is a good choice for Beethoven piano sonatas?

Thanks
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA
In a message dated 9/17/2006 11:48:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,