Lacquer thinner ingredients

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Mon Sep 18 03:28:04 MDT 2006

>From the first webside I found on a google search showing the composition of a given lacquer thinner.  Pleast note the proportions of the different ingredients.

Strengths of lacquer thinner vary because the needs of various sorts of lacquer vary.

I have not found that any lacquer thinner will disolve keytops... but then I havent tried all types of laquer thinner.  The kind I use here in Bergen is called Lynol and  does not contain any aceton at all. It is designed for cellulouse lacquer types.. The box says it is about 70 % Toluen,  15% Butylacetat and 15 % Etanol

Cheers
RicB

SECTION XII - Ingredients/Identity Information
Ingredient #                             	01
Ingredient Name                          	ACETONE; DIMETHYL KETONE (10-20%)
CAS Number                               	67641
Proprietary                              	NO
Percent                                  	20
OSHA PEL                                 	750 PPM
ACGIH TLV                                	500 PPM
Recommended Limit                        	N/K
Ingredient #                             	02
Ingredient Name                          	TOLUENE (40-50%)
CAS Number                               	108883
NIOSH Number                             	XS5250000
Proprietary                              	NO
Percent                                  	50
OSHA PEL                                 	100 PPM
ACGIH TLV                                	50 PPM
Recommended Limit                        	375 MG/CUM
Ingredient #                             	03
Ingredient Name                          	PROPYLENEGLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER ACETATE, 1-METHOXY-2-PROPANOL ACETATE (1-5%)
CAS Number                               	108656
NIOSH Number                             	AI8925000
Proprietary                              	NO
Percent                                  	5
OSHA PEL                                 	N/K
ACGIH TLV                                	N/K
Recommended Limit                        	NOT ESTABLISHED
Ingredient #                             	04
Ingredient Name                          	ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (10-20%)
CAS Number                               	67630
NIOSH Number                             	NT8050000
Proprietary                              	NO
Percent                                  	20
OSHA PEL                                 	400 PPM
ACGIH TLV                                	400 PPM
Recommended Limit                        	400 PPM
Ingredient #                             	05
Ingredient Name                          	PETROLEUM DISTILLATES (10-20%)
CAS Number                               	64741840
Proprietary                              	NO
Percent                                  	20
OSHA PEL                                 	N/K
ACGIH TLV                                	N/K