Plastic Hammers?

John M. Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Tue Sep 19 13:55:34 MDT 2006

Plastic elbows maybe?

Remember that the average piano owner knows almost nothing about the inside
of the piano except that they are embarrassed when we see all their dust.
;-) I can't tell you how many times people have told me there was something
wrong with "the pads." Does that mean hammers or dampers? Yes.and maybe
more.

Or, "there's something wrong with the felts.."  Let's see, would that be the
felts on the balance or front rail mortises, or the felts on the hammers or
dampers, or.well, you probably get the picture. ;-)

But my auto mechanic probably thinks similarly of me when I try to explain a
problem to him.

JF

  _____