o Nooooo000, needling the crown or steam??

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 16:35:58 MDT 2006

Greetings,

         That looks like a great method I am going to try it. It works with
new hammers, does it work with very old hammers that are hard? Today I had a
job to soften the tone of this ca,1920's piano's hammers. No matter how much I
needled the things they were like stale dry pieces of bread.. o...r... ancient
marshmellows of antiquity..... I even shallow needled the "forbidden" strike
zone (oooOOO NO,, MR BILL.. DONT....oo...oooo  O NOoooooo!}  (thats what I say
to myself when  I have to needle the crown...even if its shallowly, I feel
guilty) I almost couldn't do a dang thing with them. Well, the tone did get
alittle softer. Carding and needling did improve the tone, but not as much as I had
expected.

Julia
Reading, PA

In a message dated 9/18/2006 2:21:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,