pricing

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Tue Sep 19 17:38:38 MDT 2006

Dave,
I do much the same as you, but I'm trying to figure out a way to be good to myself in the process.

-------------- Original message from piannaman at aol.com: --------------

Richard,

While spinets and other inferior pianos are more difficult to tune, the owners of these are often less financially able to pay for regular tunings and other service.  The better pianos are more rewarding to tune; in most cases, the owners are often far more capable of paying for it.

I try to keep a standard one-price-fits-all plan, and give discounts as I see fit, based on specific situations.  I see it as a way of giving something back to the musical community.  I have quite a few clients who are less fortunate, but their kids have a lot of talent despite playing on PSOs.  I don't want to have them get discouraged from playing.  I often do free pitch raises and/or repairs for these folks.  Makes me feel better about what I do.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net