softening crusty dampers

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 09:17:32 MDT 2006

Conrad,

Quite so. Any idea what is causing the crust?? I had long attributed it to
accumulation of stuff out of the air, since it often seemed to be just a
'crust', at the surface. But, now, with you prediciton of its return, I
wonder about the true source. And, more to be encountered in inexpensive
little verticals, too, rather than nicer instruments. An inherent deficiency
in the felt itself perhaps???

Robin