White vs. Blue?

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 22 14:56:19 MDT 2006

Hi Alan,

The white pads were discontinued when our vendor could not guarantee their composition.  We received one lot where the composition varied enough to cause sticking to the humidifier heater bars in areas where winter dryness was extreme.

We tested bars where the residue was left on and new white pads were applied.  These still evaporated water at a rate as good or better than new white pads on a clean bar.  Thus, we felt it was a cosmetic issue and not a performance problem.

However, we received enough complaints that we discontinued the white pads and brought back the blue.

I do have a technician in the eastern US who swears by the white pads.  He is running a side by side test this winter on the systems he maintains with white pads that we saved when we discontinued them.  It will be good to have more data, but I'm not sure this will affect anything.

I hope this helps.

Roger Wheelock