key lead hole filler

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sat Sep 23 12:08:54 MDT 2006

Hey there Terry

I've used the putty solution several times now. Seems to be the best
thing for the job really.  I think you have quite a bit less to worry
about moisture changes wise then any other solution.  Stannwood shows
this at his classes now and has for quite some time.

Cheers
RicB

I'm usually concerned if the epoxy is too thick in an application like
this. From your "dough" description, it sounds like the stuff you use is
fairly thick. Have you experimented with key hole application to test
how securely the epoxy bonds with the wood? Is there any chance the
epoxy might fall out when key moisture changes significantly? I'd sure
hate to find these things falling out at some point in the future. Your
method sure seems fast though - certainly worth a try - I tend to build
a tank sometimes when a little scooter would do just fine.... :-(

Terry Farrell