bass string problem

Michael Spalding spalding48 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 23 12:41:56 MDT 2006

Hi Les,

I use PScale, which has a decent tutorial on scale design, although its kind of cook-book.  Good recipes, but not very much about how the recipes were developed.  As the author Tremaine Parsons says in the manual:  " the scope of this program is not to teach the user how to scale or re-scale any given piano but to serve as a tool in the study of possible modifications."

For more in-depth info, go back to the Journal series "The Calculating Technician" .  (by Dave roberts??)

Mike