filling leading holes in keys

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 25 11:15:30 MDT 2006

Terry The Farrell said: "
I don't know that the density of low-density epoxy is all that different from spruce or pine. What's your point?

Gee, you "reweighing the piano and inserting lead where needed and get the darned thing into reasonable specs". Gosh, so like why did you take the old lead out only to put new lead in? Dog-gone, now why didn't I think of that? Shizzam, I'll keep this email to remind me to "reweighing the piano and inserting lead where needed and get the darned thing into reasonable specs" next time.

Terry,
Ah geez! please reread my post.<G> I was not the one to retro the Turbo Wippens and remove the lead, in the first place! It were some other dude.<G> The piano has traveled to my area and the Pianist is unhappy with the piano's response capabilities.. so, I'm trying to make it better. As for the "density", I am not concerned with that issue. If like woods are put into the hole, (AND the grain configuration is noted), the plugs will not be a problem with temp/humid swings, IMO. It's an exspansion/contraction issue. Get it?<G> BTW, it's "Shazzam"<G>
I hope that clears up that thingee.<G>
Best Regards,

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police