Zing went the strings.....

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:30:01 MDT 2006

Hey Joe,
I'm here to echo the other pundits; use one of the excellent tape
measures that the various generous string makers/rescalers have given
out at the numerous conventions you have attended to make accurate
measurements of the speaking lengths of all the strings. Then either
send the data to someone else or get PScale or somethin' similar, and
compute a scale. Voila, you've got your plain wire scale.
Then measure your bundle of Schaff strings. IF they're vaguely similar
to the printouts you might be able to use them.  If they're not
similar, it's time to order up a new set from  the newly computed bass
scale.
Have fun,
Patrick