Allied Tradesman

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Sep 28 09:22:08 MDT 2006

Bill:

I don't really know and since there are over 4,000 members there are
probably at least 4,000 reasons.  This really should be on the PTG-L
list but since your membership status is
"former-Allied-Tradesman-member" it'll have to be here.

My best guess is that the RPT/Associate category issue has been such a
hot button issue that nothing else can get the floor.  Even that issue
kind of got sidetracked on the RPT/CPT folly that took a lot of energy
before this last council meeting.

I guess we all want categories that accurately reflect our skill level
and status.  Allied Tradesman (probably should be Allied Tradesperson
though) is a viable title for refinishers, movers, etc. and I think it
has real merit.  When the Associate category was created all non-RPT
categories were lumped together in that one.  It's generally now
considered that this was a tactical error but no one has yet figured out
how to un-ring that bell.

So, to answer your question; I don't really know why it can't be
discussed.

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu