Caster repair

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 28 18:46:20 MDT 2006

Yikes!  Old Steinway upright!?!!!!!

Michelle!-
Check the back edge of the bottom board.  If it is rounded or tapered, it may cause the piano to slip off the tilter at the absolute worst moment and cause a bad accident!!!
This is not something to explain over a mailing list and you should not undertake this until you know exactly what I'm writing about. Once you understand, it is very easy to deal with.
Isn't there an experienced technician in your area who could guide you through this?
Ed Sutton