Call for scaling spreadsheets

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Fri Sep 29 01:32:23 MDT 2006

Ron Overs gives

(CovDia^2/CoreDia^2-1)*0,89

for B for bass strings in the spreadsheet he posted a while back.  I
would be really interested in hearing the reasoning behind this.

Fandrich, and I have heard this many times here as well, underlines that
the whole Inharmonicity bit with regard to scaling is to insure
evenness.  No big jumps from one note or region to the area.  As such,
strikes me that it is less important what standard one uses as long as
its reasonably close.  Relative degrees of overall inharmonicity will be
seen from scale to scale as long as you use that same standard.

Cheers
RicB