Call for scaling spreadsheets

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Fri Sep 29 05:15:07 MDT 2006

Hi Ric.

While evenness of inharmonicity seems indeed obviously desirable, don't we
want to be able to evaluate the overall inharmonicity of a piano ?  I mean
you can desing a scale that will be even in inharmonicity, but whose overall
inharmonicity is so high that the piano sounds funny, same (but less
probable) for a piano with too low inharmonicity.  Isn't there a link
between overall inharmonicity and "projection" (ability of the piano to fill
a space with it's sound) ?  There is certainly a link between overall
inharmonicity and personnality (sorry for that vague and subjective word).

Regards

Stéphane Collin