projection - was whatever

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 29 22:15:22 MDT 2006

"I wouldn't think too long about it--unless it's to more clearly define
terms. Higher tension scales such as found on concert instruments "project"
much better than low tension scales. "

I disagree. I've seen many Lower tension scales that will knock your knickers off at 100 paces. Whereas, many "high tensioned" pianos are really wimpy when it comes to projection. This has been my personal findings, so YMMV.<G> I personally think that the soundboard/bridges, etc. have more to do with "projection". BTW, it is my opinion that the "Impedence" formula/coeficient is far more important than the "inharmonicity coeficient"..<G>

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I