Call for scaling spreadsheets

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sat Sep 30 15:16:40 MDT 2006

I think if we go back to the origional post in this thread we will see
that we (Jason, myself, and a couple others) were asking for basic
spreadsheets for figuring stringing scales so we could put together an
excell file that could serve as a basis for any interested list members
to start learning about rescaling. The specific question Jason posed
here stems from an off list exchange in which Del Fandrichs handout from
Rochester was quoted.  There Del states there are two basic
approaches... equal string tension and equal unison tension.  So he was
just fishing for more info on the two

I'd personally like to see several hop on board this project.  Its a
worthy one, and we should be greatful that Jason is willing to use his
excel skills to create an spreadsheet that not only serves the immediate
purpose of handling string scaling formuli but creates a user friendly
format that will be conducive to the learning experience.  Guys that
already know very much will by nature digress into detail, discussion,
and defense of own methods that are beyond the immediate interests of
this pursuit. For the rest of us.... we can use this tool to learn
better how to relate to the factual content of those discussions.... and
to better judge our own relevant day to day situations.

So... if you have an appropriate scaling spreadsheet or commentary that
sticks to this purpose... by all means help out.

Hope this can serve to help steer the discussion back on topic.

Cheers
RicB

--------
exactly what I meant. /jason