Steinway B Scale Conversion

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 08:49:43 MDT 2007

Hi RIc & all
  I was gone sat helping fellow RPT Chuck Hansen straighten oout the  Strike
line on a 1971 Steinway D with an  original amazing Sitka board   I should say
 unstraighten. It was quite a curvy looking arrangement  when done which set
the pianos upper end free. Amazing sustain. It's amzing to  me the extra power
& clarity,sustain & melodic range that increases by  doing this. IMHO all
C's,  B's & Ds benefit from this  protocol

   Any way I couldn't jump into this.It is gratifying to see all  the
passion, opinons & suggestions on this issue.
  RIc on an original board One must notch in the piano.  This is  not  a new
board.  When the bridge is out I always do it on the  bench.  I'm getting to ol
d to do it in the piano & to no  advantage.  You Know?
  As to recordings I love that idea but I have so much work in shop I  don't
have time to do that.  Anybody know some one I can hire to do this?  I think
it's a great idea as long as the equipment is good at the other  end.
  Dale

Hi  Dale

Cool... I see you do your notching in the piano instead of on the  bench,
and it looks like you bang em out.  Is this what you do for  all bridge
work ?

What kind of nice looking marking are you  planning on using to show the
world the modifications are your  puppies.  I really thought Ron Overs
small decal right under the  Steinway bow was beautiful to look at.  Very
classy.

Why dont  you do a easy deasy quick recording and put a few samples up on
the net  for all to hear.... I've wondered why more dont do that given
the absurdly  low cost of quite good recording options available in our
times....   seems like excellent marketing technique to  me.

Cheers
RicB