SV: Re: Steinway B Scale Conversion

Aras aras6310 at yahoo.se
Sun Apr 1 08:59:47 MDT 2007

If you want to try something before ev changing the bridge, there is the possibility of recalculating the string scale and move the breake up to A2.
I have seen this done once in a S&S B and the breake became very smooth. I am not to judge if it is better or not. It did sound very good but different.
Like in other posts here i would say that you can measure many things, but it all ends up in whether you like what you hear or not.
Here are the steel and cupper measures for the scale. The "new" breake from F2 > A2 was changed to 2 strings/chore and the agraffes were changed too.

Stava rätt! Stava lätt! Yahoo! Mails stavkontroll tar hand om tryckfelen och mycket mer! Få den på http://se.mail.yahoo.com