Steinway B Scale Conversion

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 09:22:44 MDT 2007

Something I've wondered about on the radial rib patterns is that the ribs
end up much closer together on the bent side than on the cut-off bar side.
Is that a concern in terms of uniform stiffness from one side to the next
and should that be compensated for somehow by, say, stopping every other rib
short of the rim by some amount on the bent side, and, if so, does it create
a problem of any type terminating a rib short of the rim?   Or, I suppose,
you could taper every other rib to a greater degree on the bent side
achieving it's full reduction in height farther away from the rim.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com