Steinway B Scale Conversion

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 1 14:13:50 MDT 2007

That has crossed my mind also Dave. With the little thought that I have put into it, I just figured that yes, in theory, you are correct, but in practice it doesn't seem to matter much.

I guess you could always look at the ratio of the rib spacing at both ends of the ribs and add and subtract a similar ratio to/from the rib width. But I suspect it just doesn't make a significant difference.

But then again, even though the ribs are spaced closer together on one side of the bridge than the other, the total load support is the same on both sides of the bridge - which, I would thing, you would want. Perhaps because the ribs act as a spring, you would really want to keep the ribs even dimensioned, regardless of their spacing.

Don't really know.

Terry Farrell